30 September 2008

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS



First of all, let me confess to being wickedly weak. I dragged my heels for two days fretting and pacing and finding numerous ways to distract myself over the weekend and at the last minute......I totally caved! The EZ Aran lives......huzzah!!!!! I just couldn't bring myself to destroy her. This is the piece that taught me how to do cables without the cable needles and will teach me how to do steeks and using stitch markers to preserve one's sanity. It will be finished this year, having been started long ago, and far away (back when I lived in New Hampshire).


I am done with Ragna, done with Joan's gift, and almost done with my first (of 2) stockings. It will be finished tonight and I will soon felt it. Meanwhile, I am looking to earn some bucks toward U4EA's repairs and new shoes. I got my first deposit the other day from Half.com. That's been an easy, painless way to rid myself of some books. I still have about 10 others listed. I also am going to start selling some of my overstash (is that possible?! OVERstash?) on eBay. I'm maxquilts there and will be listing things over the next few days. I have Paton's Divine in quite a few colors, and will have many Koigu listings in amounts of 1,2, and 3 skein lots. I also have a few other sock yarns. Hopefully, there will be many more to come. I really believe that if I try, I can force myself to part with more soon. At least, I hope I can!


And the final word today comes from another of the cats who tolerate my presence here in their home. This is Aggie, short for Agate, who makes a truly unique statement when she sleeps:


No comments: